- Provides Reception for the Dental Department in a Hospital.
- Part-time- 3 days per week (8/8:30-5pm) Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
We are looking for a Dental Receptionist to work part-time at a Hospital in Toronto - University/College.
- Greeting patients
- Receptionist is assisting the department of several Dentists and Hygienists - 10 operatories
- Maintain and monitor patient schedules using AbelDent
- Communicate with patients/families and respond to patient enquiries; problem solve; review and document chart notations and treatment plan options as directed by staff
- Provide support to other Admin staff
- As directed, is responsible for coordinating the scheduling/predeterminations approval and correspondence for patients’ proposed treatment and continuing care.
- Organize and maintain accurate and current filing system / patient records.
- Participates in the maintenance of office equipment, inventory and orders supplies; patient education materials
- Takes direction well and must be a multi-tasker
- Pulling charts
- Performs additional ad hoc duties as required
- Completion of post-secondary Dental Assistant or Dental Administration course from an accredited community college preferred
- 2 years recent full-time dental office experience in a computerized environment
- Proficient in Dental Office Software (AbelDent)
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- In-depth knowledge and/or experience in tooth anatomy, dental terminology, dental office procedures/operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of dental practice scheduling and and utilizing a dental software program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of dental insurance plans i.e. the ODA Fee Guide, Ontario Works and ODSP, Federal Government (e.g. NHIB) Guidelines and Fee Schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively function as a “team” member both intra and inter-departmentally and ability to establish excellent working relationships with the Clinical Staff.
- Proven flexibility, initiative, excellent communication, organizational and problem solving/decision making skills.
- Ability to communicate and read using English in order to effectively perform the essential requirements of this position.
- Demonstrated ability to establish excellent patient/public relations; awareness and assurance of patient related / clinic confidentiality.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills and ability to function independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated satisfactory work performance and attendance history.