Our client, a Orthodontic practice, seeks an experienced Dental Hygienist. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic team player who is dedicated to patient care.
HOURS: Maternity Leave - may turn into Permanent
- Experienced Dental Hygienist with Ortho experience
- Must be registered with the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario (CDHO)
- Must have Ortho experience
- Tuesday, Wednesday (8:30-5:30)
- TBD Depends on experience and performance
- Conduct patient screening and oral health assessments, including taking vital signs and documenting patient medical and health history
- Take dental impressions, alginate or digital
- Take X-rays
- Perform preventative dental procedures such as teeth cleaning, scaling, gum stimulation and fluoride and sealant applications
- Provide oral care instructions such as oral hygiene procedures, strategies to maintain and improve oral health and on the impact of nutrition on oral health
- Consult with dentists on patient care
- Perform orthodontic procedures under the direction of a dentist
- Polishing teeth
- Application of materials topically to prepare the surface of the teeth for orthodontic bonding.
- Application of bite turbos.
- Application of desensitizing agents.
- Placing and cementing bands, brackets (direct or indirect technique) and passive space-maintaining or orthodontic appliances that have been previously selected, fitted and/or dispensed by a dentist for orthodontic purposes.
- Placing attachments for orthodontic purposes in conjunction with clear aligner therapy
- Repairing broken brackets, trimming poking wires, replacing broken power chain as directed by the orthodontist.
- Inserting fixed lingual retainers as directed by the orthodontist.
- Instruction in care and maintenance of pre-fitted appliances
- Removing bands, brackets and passive space-maintaining or orthodontic appliances, removing residual resin
- Removing orthodontic elastics ties, orthodontic separators and removing archwires as directed by the orthodontist.
- Preparing and inserting archwires as directed by the orthodontist.
- Recording data on patients’ record or chart
- Supporting dental assistants to cleaning and sterilization of instruments and handpieces, setting up the dental chairs when needed
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AS A WORD DOCUMENT
ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED